Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Bunny Cakes Jumpstart's Read for the Record 2014


 Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells

This book is about Max and Ruby making their Grandmother a  birthday cake.  Max wants to make her an icky worm cake. But Ruby insists on angel surprise with raspberry-fluff icing. Max's heart is in the right place and all he wants is to make her an earthworm cake with his favorite candy, RED HOT MARSHMALLOW SQUIRTERS! 
I LOVED reading the book to all 500 of my little kinders! I  turned boxes of Mike & Ike Candies into Max's favorite candy.  I taped each box with a Red-Hot Marshmallow Squirter label. 


I made a coloring sheet and an Itty Bitty book for post reading fun!



Guess who came to visit?  Max and Ruby!
They traveled around with me to all the classes.  


EWWW!  Max wants to make an earthworm cake?!?!


Tasting Max's favorite candy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment